Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 40 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
No, original number is CA 3105 Well if you look at the picture of the serial thats what it looks like to me. It is CA 310 and the 5 is fin (SA) added and a strike put threw the 10.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,536 Posts
For SVT what are the going prices now days.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Currently there is an original SVT sniper for sale at Gunbroker, listed as regular rifle.
Very late 1942 rifle, one of last produced

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a 1941 tula with what i will say sn Hb 615. It has a c on the right side. No markings in the notch. I bought it years ago just to have a SVT prior to knowing anything about them.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes, this must be original. Before I do not observe ПГ prefix, but suppose it, as ПБ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gentlemen, this is a great deal of information, thanks for sharing, i was wondering what you think of my mount, I always considered it to be original, i felt no one could "age" the mount the way it is. i have owned this rifle for quite a number of years. not knowing much about the SVT sniper when i got it, just thinking condition looked like what i thought a Russian rifle would. there are no import marks on it. anyway i will try to post some photos of the mount. thanks David. DSC02225.jpg DSC02214.jpg DSC02207.jpg DSC02234.jpg DSC02219.jpg

·
Gold Bullet member
13,807 Posts
Gentlemen, this is a great deal of information, thanks for sharing, i was wondering what you think of my mount, I always considered it to be original, i felt no one could "age" the mount the way it is. i have owned this rifle for quite a number of years. not knowing much about the SVT sniper when i got it, just thinking condition looked like what i thought a Russian rifle would. there are no import marks on it. anyway i will try to post some photos of the mount. thanks David. View attachment 761197 View attachment 761198 View attachment 761199 View attachment 761200 View attachment 761201

We need to see the right and left side of the receiver.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Gentlemen, this is a great deal of information, thanks for sharing, i was wondering what you think of my mount, I always considered it to be original, i felt no one could "age" the mount the way it is. i have owned this rifle for quite a number of years. not knowing much about the SVT sniper when i got it, just thinking condition looked like what i thought a Russian rifle would. there are no import marks on it. anyway i will try to post some photos of the mount. thanks David.
Mount is original, produced in 1942. Scope is late 1941 production. Please post additional pictures of the rifle, as Mike asked

21 - 40 of 281 Posts