Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to do a little shooting with my Finn captured SVT 40 and after a jam and take down figured out the op rod had been previously repaired. Please help me out by taking a look at the pics and letting me know what all parts I need.
The spring on the rear spring guide looks a little suspect to me as well. Any good tip on where I could fin
d the parts from a reputable source?

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
The "op rod" and the portion under spring tension that strikes the front face of the bolt carrier to unlock, extract, and eject the cartridge should be two separate pieces. That is, there is the piston with the gas valve/cup over it, and a length of "op rod" connecting to the socket in the smaller tappet portion with its spring housed under the rear sight.

Good luck resolving the issues! Numrich should have what you'd need as stated up post.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Like Horilka stated, the pieces you need are the recoil springs and guide rod(s). These are not the the same as the oprod.

The recoils springs can get kinked pretty easily if assembled incorrectly and will jam.

Daniel39

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.