Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the pictured 5 round magazine in my SVT38. Is this a hunter special or something else. Looks similar to my SVT40 magazine, except shorter. Both the rifle and mag base are Finnish marked.

Thanks

Liberty

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
It's an SVT40 mag that was shortened, probably for hunting purposes. A Canadian company called (I think?) Globco sportered a number of SVT's many years ago so I'd guess the mag came with one of those rifles. The SA marked floorplate is a plus though. You could find an original SVT mag and put the SA floorplate on it. Nice looking 38 BTW!

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
Some were also blocked here as in some states you can have only 5 rounds in a mag while hunting.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I would be interested in your mag, I have a few original mags to work a trade with.

Stephen

Stephen, I also have a short Five round svt 38 mag if you want another.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
Yes and no-they both are 10 rounds will fit in each gun and vice versa but are contructed differently. The 40 mag was simplified in production.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks Vic
I saw some SVT-40 mags advertized a year or so ago, but don't remember where. Also someone has bayonets for the 40 at $300. That's more than I gave for my SVT-40,but I bought it several years ago. I understand the bayonets are rare.

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
Some years ago here in Germany semi automatics were allowed with 5 round magazines only. It might be one of them also.

Regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts