Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased what was sold to me as a SVT38. I did not know exactly what this was at the gun show but bought it anyway. Looks like someone cut around the stripper clip area on the bolt shroud and modified the bolt handle. Did someone sporterize a SVT38 or SVT40? In anycase I think I can put this back together to shoot anyway. The barrel is a bit shorter than my SVT40 I already own. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
It appears to be a 40 from the shots. What is the date?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Receiver has a bunch of Russian letters and symbols with a larger "C" on the right side and on the left side two russian letters that look like "n r 200" on the left side of the receiver. where the sight base is( rear sight is missing), there is a Star "141" and the barrel has a few symbols with a clear "355". above the trigger guard on the receiver there is the number "517". I can not find any date on the piece.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,070 Posts
The photos are not that great, but it looks like the receiver has the "sniper cut". Yes? No? :?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If the thing matches you have a small treasure there, and the un-numbered parts can be had from the thousands of reworked SVT40s; and not for the asking price, as these are going wanting for buyer in these parts. Too bad about the holes in the upper-forward receiver flats, but found items often have such problems. The pictures of the barrel look unremarkable to me. You are good to go, have some fun and make a good return, if that is your wish. Congratulations !

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all for the information! I don't think any of the numbers match but there is a sniper rail on it and that was why I purchased it in Tulsa a few weeks ago.

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
If the thing matches you have a small treasure there, and the un-numbered parts can be had from the thousands of reworked SVT40s; and not for the asking price, as these are going wanting for buyer in these parts. Too bad about the holes in the upper-forward receiver flats, but found items often have such problems. The pictures of the barrel look unremarkable to me. You are good to go, have some fun and make a good return, if that is your wish. Congratulations !
It has been bubbatized already.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a svt40 and your looks just like it, your bolt has been modified for sure ,it has the sniper cut out on the back of the reciever. Not sure if that is real or done later.
You can get a stock from Numrich arms.com

·
Copper Bullet member
977 Posts
Looks like you have a scope mount notch on the receiver? Hmmm..sounds like you have a project ahead for yourself...or you can sell it to me...

There is a seller in Poland making repro SVT 40 stocks...so you will have some luck there...or just sell it to me...did I already say that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts