Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats the market price of a fully militarized Tiger Dragunov with all Russian parts but with two Russian 10 round mags like one in photo? How rare are they to find with military stocks and flashiders?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
It's called a "Cal-Drag" as they were imported only into California. (I think 700 were imported)..I paid $3200 for mine with with 4 mags and wood and synthetic stocks, but lately they go for around $3000 or so; depending on how many are bidding and how badly they want it...:)

·
Gold Bullet member
2,262 Posts
it depends.. if it is a militarized commercial drag, meaning someone took a pablum rifle and added a flash suppresor, furniture etc then 1800 to 2500. if it is a calfornia armory marked import rifle, depending on condition and completness , $2500-$4500.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$1800 - $2500 for a fully militarized Tiger with Russian military stock and Russian 10 Round mag thats a good price, anybody selling one for that good price let them know I am interested!
How accurate is the Tiger with its 20 inch barrel, is it less accurate than the NMD 86 or a military Russian SVD? Does the non adjustable gas system of the Tiger SVD hamper any capabilities or performance in comparison to a standard SVD?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Non-adjustable gas system is a relative disadvantage when field conditions are rough and / or fouling is present. I have no idea regarding comparative accuracy, but I think it's worth mentioning that the Soviet arms industries often reduced the quality and capabilities of weapons produced for export -- and yes I'm saying they did this with gear going to their proxies and allies. They had a term for those dumbed-down versions -- the "monkey" version. Just something to consider. It's hard to say just how deeply they would have cut into the capabilities of the Tigr.

·
Registered
843 Posts
PS - And yes, I do realize that strictly speaking it was the post-Soviet federation that exported the Tigr. But in a practical sense there is still precious little real difference there.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
A quick google and this came up...imported by California Armory in the military configuration (plastic slotted handguards, skeleton stock, military flashhider)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
It could be a more common Tiger imported by Bwest or some other company, some non-Cal. Tigers did come with military stocks, so before you google, wait till you see import markings on receiver. And even Cal. Tigers came with flashiders not installed on them, but just packed separately in the same box with the Tiger.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,774 Posts
Century also imported Tigers.

My experience has been that adding the bells and whistles do not actually increase the value of a Tiger equal to the cost investment.

Davis

·
Gold Bullet member
2,262 Posts
$1800 - $2500 for a fully militarized Tiger with Russian military stock and Russian 10 Round mag thats a good price, anybody selling one for that good price let them know I am interested!
How accurate is the Tiger with its 20 inch barrel, is it less accurate than the NMD 86 or a military Russian SVD? Does the non adjustable gas system of the Tiger SVD hamper any capabilities or performance in comparison to a standard SVD?
much less accurate

·
Gold Bullet member
2,262 Posts
Century also imported Tigers.

My experience has been that adding the bells and whistles do not actually increase the value of a Tiger equal to the cost investment.

Davis
agreed ..you do not get your investment back but that is more a function of the ridiculous prices charged here for $40 stock and handguard sets, $5 clips and $20 flash suppressors.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,774 Posts
That's the point. The parts are insanely priced. Should be a $40 stock set, etc, etc, etc.

Davis

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
Has anyone noticed he has the old front sight for sale as well as the rifle?...;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
not to hijack, but does anyone know where i can find that carrying case and the mag pouch. those would look good with my ndm-86.

also looking for a bipod if anyone has any leads.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,774 Posts
But a CA Armory Tiger is a different animal, at least in markings, than a Tiger dressed up. Since markings are what drive these things more than anything else, as markings indicate rarity, it makes sense.

Davis

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I just completed de-TIGRing (or reSVDing) a B-West imported Tiger. OK, it's not as accurate as either of my NDM-86' in 7.62X54R. Having said that, what my reSVDed TIGR lacks in accuracy, it makes up in handiness. And, I feel a whole lot less guilty about dragging the TIGR out in the desert than I do the NDM-86'. As far as the lack of gas regulation I don't see what all the fuss is about. Jeez-just how much is anybody going to shoot an SVD or TIGR to worry about it? None of us are firing at human wave attacks from mud filled trenches. It appears to me that the TIGR gas system is like the high setting on the SVD.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts