Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to a co worker who refuses to stay home when sick I was exposed to the covid and tested positive.
Fortunately for me I have a great doc who started me on steroids antibiotics and hydroxychloroquine and tossed in some zinc and vitamin D. The symptoms were pretty mild more bored than anything but was too tired to do alot anyway LOL
Total time sick was about 10 days 02 never dropped below 96% now is back to 99/98% Never had a fever either.

My cousins husband spent 37 days in icu with this mess and she spent 2 weeks sick at home but recovered.
There is some discussion about blood types making a difference in how you are affected and they might be on to something.

Interesting side note you can still test positive over 8 weeks afterwards but not be contagious so repeat test dont always help.

·
Banned
12,716 Posts
What commodities does he have?

Over 65?
Diabetic?
CHF or other chronic illnesses or immune surpressed?

Not enough info to really comment in.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No under 65
No not diabetic
No underlying health issues

There is another young lady who is 24 I think it is who has been in even longer they are talking about double lung transplant for her, this stuff is very rough for many but others not so much. Then there are some whose antibodies linger know a tech that had it and he goes now to donate blood like every month so they can test on his antibodies. IDK

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad you're still with us Doc.
Yeah they keep trying to kill me but guess Im still needed for some plan. I'm glad to be here.

I have to be honest when I got the call to report to be tested I was concerned and then when they said it was positive I was a little scared but made my mind up that I was not going to let it get me down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.