Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these surplus Romanian style steel mags to be compatible with my dong handguard. One works just fine, the other two my bolt catches on the top rounds and I can't charge it. When I took rounds from one that didn't work and put them in the one that does, everything operates as intended, so I'm thinking there's a compatibility issue.

The two that don't work look different from the one that does, but I don't understand the how/why those two don't work

Based on the below pictures, yall got any suggestions or ideas, or maybe some dong compatible mags that work better? I find poly mags don't like dongs, especially pmags(which don't get past the dong, period).

Thanks!

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,464 Posts
Were the mags fully loaded each time you tried them?
Try loading less than 30 rounds and see if the bolt clears and chambers the round.

You are letting the carrier fly free at release and not nursing it forward?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were the mags fully loaded each time you tried them?
Try loading less than 30 rounds and see if the bolt clears and chambers the round.

You are letting the carrier fly free at release and not nursing it forward?
I tried again by taking three rounds out of one. Still catches. Should I try 20 or 25?

Also it catches when I'm trying to pull the charging handle back, it stops the bolt from going back to the rear.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,464 Posts
No , I do not think less cartridges will matter. Sometimes if the follower bottoms out or some mags will load 31 rounds but then there is no room for the follower to move down as the bolt passes over the magazine

Are you certain the magazines are fully seated and locked into place on the latch?
Is the magazine latch original.

It is very unusual for any milspec magazine not to feed once it locks into place.

I just tried a couple of Romanian steel magazines in my SLR 95. It feeds perfectly.

I use waffle Bulgarian mags.

Maybe ditch the forward grip (dong) and go back to the waffle polymer mags if the feed properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts