Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
9,522 Posts
Yes, Yugoslav from 1953. Perfect for a K98, but some of mine of that vintage has been click---bang.

·
Silver Bullet member
837 Posts
Some reports of click, or click boom. Hard primers? You need to be sure the bolt is cleaned of all cosmoline and the striker is clean and oiled. Rifles with strong striker springs seem to do well with it. I hope so cause I have about 300 rds of it, 53 to 56 dates.

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
see attached

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,910 Posts
Ouch.

Advance26, if you aren't going to fire it as is, you could pull down the bullet and powder for reloading. If you aren't going to do either one, get ahold of me, as I would be interested in the components.
Thanks,
Pat

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
I've got plenty and shoot it often. Hard or recessed primers are resolved with a Wolff 22 lb. spring. The case head separation you see may blow gas and grease back in your face, but that's about it in my experience, but it's your call and shoot at your own risk. Make sure you have a separated case head extractor handy and of course, always always wear good eye protection. This stuff is corrosive, so clean your bore the day you shoot (see FAQs), then a day later run a patch or two through it, then check again on day 5 or so.
Regards,
HB

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
'50's Yugo is about the best milsurp you can get these days, since the only other choice is the steel-cased Romanian, which has a lighter bullet that K98's aren't fond of. The Yugo is loaded to German specs and usually shoots point-of-aim. A stronger firing pin spring is a must with this stuff.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
ditto to the members, with the addition of
lots of flyers. at 100 yd,youll get a 3-6 inch group say 6-7 out of 10 then 3-4 kinda go where they want. up to 10 inches. my experence anyway.
at todays prices ill make my own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stronger Spring?

So all the misfires people are talking about online can be solved by getting a stiffer spring? Where would you get one anyways? I'm guessing you can fit one in that's for a different gun or something.

·
Registered
189 Posts
So all the misfires people are talking about online can be solved by getting a stiffer spring? Where would you get one anyways? I'm guessing you can fit one in that's for a different gun or something.
Buymilsurp.com advertises one, their part number K98-2, $8. I got one, haven't installed it yet, or determined that I need to. It is visibly longer than the one in the gun now.

·
Banned
9,193 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,136 Posts
I have shot a lot of these with my RC kids and no problemos.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,898 Posts
I bought two lots of 53 dated Yugo. One was May and one June dated. One lot was on strippers and one was not. The stuff not on strippers 15% required two shots to fire and about 3% just would not fire. Accuracy was pretty bad. The other lot on strippers fired 99% first time and accuracy was much better than any surplus I have tried except M-75.

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
Extra power spring would resolve the two primer strikes issue. Ammunition will degrade depending on storage. One lot may have been subject to more temp extremes and humidity, e.g., top of the pile, one not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts