Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I guess the alternative was that they upheld the law or simply refused to hear the case at all. Sounds like a victory to me.

Yeah there's still a long way to go for sure. In TN we have constitutional carry for handguns only, we are one of only 5 states where open carry of long guns is illegal, ridiculous.

Bill Lee, you want to be reelected right? Fix this nonsense.
That's really surprising in Tennessee. Over here you can walk into the capital building with a long gun.

·
Gold Bullet Member
6,787 Posts
Consider what's happened in the last 1 1/2 years. Defund the Police became a cause and was instituted in many areas. Liberal DA's consistently allowed convicted criminals to walk and commit crime again. NY as well as some others, instituted "No Bail" for convicted criminals . The Police were charged with crimes when doing their job, [I think of George Floyd , a convicted felon, doper and who was caught committing a crime , who fought with the police and was restrained. His relatives were given $26 [?] million for suffering ] . Minorities who commit crimes , now feel entitled and when confronted by the Police, immediately cry foul. So now we have Police who wait !! It actually started back in the 60's. regular neighborhoods, used to be patrolled . If someone looked out of place, they were stopped and questioned. The courts ruled the streets were public property and anyone could use them anytime. Hence gated communities with private streets , fences around the front of houses and more.
It's a break down of society . People destroy property , steal form stores in broad daylight and harass diners while they're eating and nothing gets done about it. I live in AZ . No permit required for anything including my Machine Gun ,[except the Form 4 I carry]. The killings and shootings go on only with gangbangers , not the rest of us. Why ?? We shoot back and they know, Grandma is armed and will shoot to kill. Hopefully this new law will get some sanity back in those states that have neglected their duty to protect the public with their leftist foolishness . Like the old west, we're back to protecting ourselves again. Thank Donald Trump who scored THREE appointments to SCOTUS !!!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Rightly so however I'm sure that NY will pass a slightly different bill to tie up the issue in courts while continuing to block lawful citizens from their right to defend themselves.
Our local lawmakers are not keeping it a secret.
They are planning a workaround already.
We have a "may issue" regimen here.
I think I saw that some 4 permits to carry had been issued in the last 22 yrs

Reactions: pshooter

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Over 30 years ago used to live in Queens county NYC. At that time you went down to police plaza and picked up an application for a target permit and when you found what you wanted paid for it. The dealer would complete the purchase order that the licensing section gave you. Back to 1 police plaza to get the purchase order recorded and signed off on and it let the dealer let you have the firearm. You then had 72 hours to bring the firearm (unloaded and in a lockable carrying case) back to 1 police plaza. There they would check your pistol and and make sure the serial numbers on the purchase order and firearm checked out. Then they would give you your target permit with the make, model,caliber and serial number on it. Closest pistol range was about 20 minutes from the house. No limitations as to how many times you took it out and shot it. But it still had to be in a lockable case and ammo was kept in the trunk. Think from start to actually getting my 1st handgun was about 6 months.
But as the years wore on so did the wait times,more restrictions and more money for the permit. So folks hired expediters to help the process along. Jewelers in NYC's diamond center may be carrying hundreds of thousands of dollare worth of diamonds and other precious stones in their pockets. And they couldn't get a carry permit, or even a business permit, hence the expediters. But like anything else the expediters got too expediting
money was changing hands and some people got burned. NYC you have to register all firearms. Out in Nassau or Suffolk counties at the time I lived in NYC you didn't. When I got married moved out to Nassau county. Only hand guns had to be registered. So when I moved to Nassau I sent in a change of address to the firearms control board with the new address. Year or so later my mom gets a call from the FCB saying either reregister all your firearms or we will take them away. Call them up and the lady tells me the story. Said I sent in a change of address out to long island. So to make a long story short I gave her my Nassau county phone number and she'd call me back. Hung up the phone and she calls back. Then tells me she'll take care of the address change. Atill had to pay for a approved pistol license range instructor and that went on the application. Frank

·
Registered
20,918 Posts
The great people of New York State (sans New York City) deserve to have their 2A rights respected and not prostituted as has been the case in the past. New York City is a lost cause and as soon as it separates and becomes its own state ( its in its own universe anyhow), the better for New York State's great citizens. Problem though is when that happens ..and it will some day... it will turn our political balance of power hopelessly to the left. That may happen if D.C., manages to become a state (and pawn) dominated by the Democratic Party.

For now, I hope this new SCOTUS decision benefits the people of NY State who have been for decades unfairly burdened by Un Constitutional toxic anti gun ownership restrictions.

Go to NY State and you find hospitality and wonderful people. Go to NY City and you find decay and hateful people.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts