Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
It's a small victory, though. It's a very narrow decision that renders the whole country "shall issue". But they left licensing in place, they left a whole bunch of other crap in place. They only removed the need for a stupid justification, which lately hasn't been a problem in my county. I am actually disappointed.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
The Supreme Court answers specific questions about the law. The question asked wasn't about the legitimacy of licensing, it was about the requirement for a "need". If you want licensing in general challenged you need to bring that case forward.
SCOTUS has no problems venturing a bit broader if they see fit, that's why I was disappointed.

Unfortunately or fortunately, I can't bring forward the licensing question as I wasn't denied one :)

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Also I wonder if this voids the NYC carve out that restricts /voids Upstate residents with a license from carrying in NYC. Always saw this as inequality for same state residents and of course all Americans wanting to visit NYC where it might be needed.
Doubt it, NYS doesn't have state preemption on gun laws and since this is part of licensing "use" and not "application" (e.g. just like PA not recognizing NY license) it'd require another court challenge...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts