Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Loved Alito's concurring opinion dismantling ridiculous dissent by the liberals.
Just like the dissent from Breyer, which appears to have been written by a high school student preparing for a debate: “Consider, too, interactions with police officers,” Breyer wrote. “The presence of a gun in the hands of a civilian poses a risk to both officers and civilians.”

I think that Breyer left out one word that would make this statement correct: “Consider, too, interactions with police officers,” Breyer wrote. “The presence of a gun in the hands of a CRIMINAL civilian poses a risk to both officers and civilians.”

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
It's a small victory, though. It's a very narrow decision that renders the whole country "shall issue". But they left licensing in place, they left a whole bunch of other crap in place. They only removed the need for a stupid justification, which lately hasn't been a problem in my county. I am actually disappointed.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
This Supreme Court Decision on 2A should be considered as "HELLER 2.0." It is NOT the END, But it IS the beginning of the end, as Churchill said in WWII on winning the WAR! Another Churchill quote after the Dunkirk evacuation was, "We can afford to loose all the battles, but the last one." I would amend it by saying, "It is nice to win a battle now and then."

Webley

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's a small victory, though. It's a very narrow decision that renders the whole country "shall issue". But they left licensing in place, they left a whole bunch of other crap in place. They only removed the need for a stupid justification, which lately hasn't been a problem in my county. I am actually disappointed.
Yeah it's a good token victory for freedom, but it's not going to change much. We should have constitutional concealed/open carry in all 50 states.

Really it's a loss when you think about it, when you consider the makeup of the court we should've gotten national permitless carry.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Panzer,

,I agree with you about permit less carry. Right now 25 states are Constitutional Carry, or permit less. We are headed in the right direction, be patient and keep working for a better future. I gently inform all my CCW class students about CC. Last December the Pennsylvania Legislature passed CC and DIM Governor Wolf Vetoed it and said, "It was too dangerous." My Letter to the Editor of the local newspaper asked Wolfe, "Too dangerous for whom, the citizens of PA or the criminals?"

Webley

·
Registered
589 Posts
The Supreme Court answers specific questions about the law. The question asked wasn't about the legitimacy of licensing, it was about the requirement for a "need". If you want licensing in general challenged you need to bring that case forward.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Panzer,

,I agree with you about permit less carry. Right now 25 states are Constitutional Carry, or permit less. We are headed in the right direction, be patient and keep working for a better future. I gently inform all my CCW class students about CC. Last December the Pennsylvania Legislature passed CC and DIM Governor Wolf Vetoed it and said, "It was too dangerous." My Letter to the Editor of the local newspaper asked Wolfe, "Too dangerous for whom, the citizens of PA or the criminals?"

Webley
Yeah there's still a long way to go for sure. In TN we have constitutional carry for handguns only, we are one of only 5 states where open carry of long guns is illegal, ridiculous.

Bill Lee, you want to be reelected right? Fix this nonsense.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,633 Posts
Blue states will just raise the price for a permit to $100,000 or something, but I guess it's a good token victory.
That went out with poll taxes. Won't stand the test.
Don't have to pay to use a enumerated right.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
ONLY 8 anti-gun states HAD "May Issue" handgun permit laws (?) in place that are now GONE! The Peoples' Republik of Massachusetts was a "bad" state for ccw citizens. New Jersey is another as is RI and CT.
Pennsylvania could have, and should have, been the 26th Constitutional Carry state, but Governor Wolfe, being a good DIM, did not want to endanger career "rehabilitated" criminals from safe working conditions! Fortunately, PA is a SHALL ISSUE state. We are winning, so Soldier On.

Webley

1 - 20 of 47 Posts