Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a suppressor which needs cleaning very badly. It has been suggested that I soak it in "Kroil" for a week. I've never heard of the product. Where would I begin to look for it? Hardware store, Automotive parts store, or ????. Thanks.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,105 Posts
Kroil isn't a "cleaner" strictly speaking, it's a penetrating oil, though some people use it as an ingredient in various cleaning concoctions like Ed's Red. It's also quite expensive for the amount you get, though the benchrest crowd swears it's the next best thing to a personal blessing from Jesus. If it's rusted or otherwise badly corroded Kroil might be worth the expense, if not I would try a cheaper alternative first like simple mineral spirits. Some people say brake parts cleaner is real good too and probably much cheaper than Kroil. Just a couple of alternative suggestions that might save you a few coins and work just as well. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.