Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, may as well start the Summer Tunic thead here again so we'll have something to refer to. My tunics were all M48-0 size, Three with enlisted Air Force Collar tabs, all dated 1977, two without collar tabs, dated 1981 & 1983.

Please post any that you have gotten, or get, here, so we can get an idea of what's coming in. One fellow had an NCO Air Defense tunic from the collar tabs and tress. You find plenty of mention of the wool or gabardine tunics, as well as the camo tunics and Jackshirts. Not much, if anything on these, except maybe a picture on a border guard as in Forster's book. Is there anything on these in the uniform books, regs, or whatever? These have not been available in quantity in the U.S. until recently, then S.G. imported a bunch. Who knows how long those will last. Have these been available in the UK in any quantity?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Here's my count:
Date code/no./additional info

G (1981) / 3 / no additional identifiers
A (1977) / 2 / (1) subdued infantry collar tabs, NCO tresse; (1) luft. lower enlisted tabs.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Bunch came in last week.

one each for NCO with tress. Stasi, Border Guard, Air Force and Infantry.

Rest were a mix of each branch. All have collar tabs.
What was the size and years for these? Also, was the Stasi marked MFS or NVA? We need to get a date range and some idea of sizes and anything peculiar like Mfs or other odd markings. What were the tabs on the NCO tunic?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Summer Tunic’s from SG:

EM rank unless noted NCO, all NCO have tress.

Infantry:
SK 48 NVA 2/U, NVA 1/C, NVA 2/I, NVA 1/Y
SG 48-0 No code
SG 48-0 NCO. No code

Stasi:
K 48-0 NVA 1/Y
K 48-0 No code
SG 48-0 NCO, No code
M 48-1 NCO, MFS 1/U

Border Guard:
SG 48 NCO, NVA 1/G
SG 48-0 NCO, NVA 1/P

Air Force:
SG 48-1 No code
SG 48-0 NCO, No code

Dates:

U = 1978
G = 1981
P = 1986
Y = 1988

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Enquiring Minds Would Like To Know.....

i wondered that too - are they part of a combat uniform, or worn under the strichtarn FDA?

between which years were they issued?
Some of the photos I've seen have Border Guards wearing these with field gear, as on guard duty. You'd have the Y-straps, belt, ammo pouch, canteen [maybe?] and bayonet worn over the tunic and no camo. Other shots have an NVA soldier wearing the tunic plain, like a walking-out tunic. Normally the shots show these worn with an overseas cap.

I'd love to have some further details on these. That's why I posted this initially. Anyone seen any with Officer's insignia, or are these just an enlisted item?:confused:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep SG is sold out... :(

Yesterday I got around to going through the last 25 I ordered. Five had the Panzer pink collar tabs all dated R for 1976. Neato. Really helps to know someone who works with SG.
What types were the others and when were they made?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts