Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys found suitably sized pouches for SVD mags?, I've looked at the Russian pouches on Ebay etc and looked at the Chameleon chest rig by SOTNIC and the SMERSH SVD load bearing kit but don't really need to go that far so was wondering if anyone has found a cheaper more readily available pouches, not necessarily a mag pouch but something the same size and possibly something US/NATO that would do the job as NATO issue pouches etc seem to be quite a bit cheaper.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated 馃憤

PS.....had the 4-cell Soviet issue pouches in the past but want something more modern.......

Registered
How many mags do you have? I use osprey medical pouches as its expensive buying the Russian pouches for a lot of mags. They take 2 perfectly. Coincidentally they take a 25rd box of shotgun cartridges perfectly as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many mags do you have? I use osprey medical pouches as its expensive buying the Russian pouches for a lot of mags. They take 2 perfectly. Coincidentally they take a 25rd box of shotgun cartridges perfectly as well.
Bit of a lightweight as i only have 4 mags at the moment, looking to acquire more though if i can find them at sensible prices 馃憤

Not desperate for pouches so will keep my eyes open, thanks for the heads up on the Osprey pouches.

Registered
I think the osprey pouches are usually around 拢6 or 拢7 on ebay so they're pretty reasonable. My local army surplus shop had a basket full on his racking.
I have abit of a mag fetish but can never have enough. Think I've got about 9 SVD mags now

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorted now, I found an ANA 4-mag pouch in digital flora for sale cheap on Ebay over here in the UK 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ANA pouch arrived and is like new, I like the fact that as well as press studs it has velcro so if the studs break the velcro will still secure the closures.With the mags in the pouch they are quite snug and don't rattle about despite there being no divider and there is a drain hole in the base of each side.

Premium Member
Nice. You take a slim piece of cardboard from your MRE's and place it between mags...put them in upside down so they drain and take a piece of 550 cord with a knot in each end ...one end goes underneath the mag bottom slide on so you can pull them out easily...no loops...loops snag on things.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Nice. You take a slim piece of cardboard from your MRE's and place it between mags...put them in upside down so they drain and take a piece of 550 cord with a knot in each end ...one end goes underneath the mag bottom slide on so you can pull them out easily...no loops...loops snag on things.
It may be because it is early morning but I can't visualise the thing with the paracord......have you a pic?

EDIT.........I get it now I've had caffeine and nicotine and thought about it again! 馃槄

Would I be right in thinking only one mag in each section would need a pull on it as once one mag is out the other one would be easier to remove anyway......

Premium Member
It may be because it is early morning but I can't visualise the thing with the paracord......have you a pic?

EDIT.........I get it now I've had caffeine and nicotine and thought about it again! 馃槄

Would I be right in thinking only one mag in each section would need a pull on it as once one mag is out the other one would be easier to remove anyway......
I always did all of my mags, the short cords don't get in the way....and when moving dumped the empties in my blouse as I rarely ever wore body armor ...I liked mobility over the protection offered. Cracks me up when I see 'combat trainers' just dropping mags on the ground...as if you can go back and police them up latter in actual combat....or, that you might not need to reload from re supply.
People will do what they are trained to do in extremis....even the wrong things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts