Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I had just posted on the other (third) Gunboards:

Dear and Esteemable Moderators (*bows politely*),

in view of the forthcoming fourth transformation of Gunboards (right now this is the third incarnation, and we are informed about a fourth, and every time much invaluable old material has been lost!), please allow me to submit a proposal first to you and second to the readership at large (Tuco and Vic have already declared their willingness to incorporate any sensible suggestion from the moderators and the readership):

LeeSpeed said:
I believe an executive decision by the moderators was made some time ago allowing discussion of commercial firearms and ammo of Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. Maybe a revisit of this issue is a good idea. Personally I like the inclusion of the other Nordic countries as I know of no other English-language forum where these countries' CIVILIAN AND SPORTING arms are discussed. (...)
My vote is for pan-Nordic firearms discussion!!
And Pettson as one moderator here just wrote:
"I believe that we've established earlier that Fenno-Scandinavian commercial firearms (meaning factory guns, custom guns and military bubba guns, as well as projects) is what goes here. And related stuff..."
I would therefore submit and suggest - because I feel it only reflects a factual development that has been uniformly accepted and actually embraced by the board's members - that in the New Gunboards, our two groups might be renamed "Scandinavian Firearms" or "Fenno-Scandinavian Firearms" (I am against that, because the Finnish Mosin-Nagants have their inherited and traditional first place in Tuco's main Collectors' Board, and nowhere else!) or simply "Nordic Firearms".

Carcano

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I like the idea.

Maybe

"Nordic Civilian and Commercial Firearms and Ammunition"?

Or...

"Fenno-Scandinavian Civilian and Commercial Firearms and Ammunition"?

And while I'm at the Wishing Well, I'd love to see a sub-department for "Fenno-Scandinavian Edged Tools and Knives". As in axes, Tollekniven, Puukko, etc...

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
I think this is a good time to remind our members of our purpose. This forum is for the Commercial Firearms of Sweden which means primarily Husqvarna, but Pettson and I take a very light hand in moderating this forum. We allow discussion on wide ranging topics from modified military arms, to guns of other Scandinavian countries (loosely defined), to cartridges and reloading for these guns as long as there is some connection, because many of our faithful members have broader interests that have no coverage in other forums.

I would be supportive to any members who would like to start a new forum (or forums) devoted to non-Swedish firearms of Scandinavia, but I do not support a change to the purpose of this forum or it's name.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts