Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a SxS simson boxlock shotgun that I can't free the action from. I've taken out every screw (including the one underneath the lever), but it's still stuck at about .25" of play. Am I missing something or do I need to just be more aggressive with it? Sorry for the low quality pictures, it's a sunny day.

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've got a SxS simson boxlock shotgun that I can't free the action from. I've taken out every screw (including the one underneath the lever), but it's still stuck at about .25" of play. Am I missing something or do I need to just be more aggressive with it? Sorry for the low quality pictures, it's a sunny day.
On more modern (20th century) doubles, there's a long bolt that runs from butt of stock, up to receiver. It's under the buttplate. Sorry if you already did this, but you didn't mention it specifically.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I appreciate the feedback, but unfortunately there isn't anything, just a bit of a hollowed out space about 4-5" long that ends in just blank wood. That was what I went to do first to disassemble it. Does it need to be decocked maybe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.