Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that the procedure has been posted before but i cannot find it. has anyone got a link. i have tried a search but didnt find it.

dealer at gun show pulled triger to decock a 38 calvary and bolt is stuck. the gun has been disambled and still cant get bolt to come out. it will go to the handle up position but bolt will not move back and forth. this has a large tang saftey

any help will be apreciated.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,678 Posts
In 'Tecnical jargon', take the ejector housing off, then play with it from there.

·
Registered
511 Posts
If the bolt has some play in the 12:00 to 2:00 o'clock position,(this is on a 99, should be the same on a 38 ), push foreward on the safety and turn counterclockwise. 99s can get locked this way by someone who doesn't know what there doing closing the bolt and when it encounters resistance from the striker spring, the person pushes foreward on the safety until the bolt will partially close, releases the foreward pressure on the safety and its locked up.

jim

·
Gold Bullet member
4,337 Posts
Working the bolt as much as you can to reach the "sweet spot" while attempting to turn the safety. You can't force it without damaging the rifle so don't try. Basically the t-i-t on the safety and the firing pin rear no longer line up with the milled channel that allows the bolt to release. While it can be done, Arisakas, as a cock on closing action, are not designed to be decocked by manipulating the trigger like a standard Mauser can be. You have a typical result.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts