Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently came across a supply of Spanish 9mm Para ammo, brass cases, Berdan primed with the following headstamp:

9-P 91 SB-T

But the bullet has a really weird shape and weighs 148.9 gr. and I can't tell if it's jacketed or plated. They're in the normal Santa Barbara 25 rd. box and it's marked "Bala con Mablan."

Can anyone shed light on this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
My son got some of this ammo a while back. We tried it in 2 CZ-75's and a Baby Eagle, and it is the only ammo either of us have seen that won't feed at all in any of these 3 pistols.

I hope you have better luck with it.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Derelict - just got back from the range and had the same problem with the ammo. I tried shooting it out of my Springfield M1911-A1, S&W M&P and my friend's XD. About every 3rd round would hang up on the front edge of the magazine or the feed ramp. That flat point on the bullets would deform very easily. Those rounds that did chamber went "bang" and shot to point of aim.

I haven't tried it in my Glock 17 yet but if it won't function in that the rest of the ammo is heading for the trash bin!

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It won't function reliably in my Glock 17 either. Man, this is crummy stuff!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.