Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a couple of these at a show... the seller got them with some MN's a while back and forgot to give them to the rifle's purchasers. So I know they are recent imports, and YES I know the hardware is standard MN cleaning gear. But the pouches are nothing I recognize. While they sort of fit the MN gear, it is obvious they were not originally intended for this stuff. Also odd is that they have hardened wire stitched into the right and left edge seams. Maybe intended to keep the contents from bending? The tab on top can not reach the button on the pouch with these wires in. Anyone know what the pouches were originally intended for????

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Found a couple of these at a show... the seller got them with some MN's a while back and forgot to give them to the rifle's purchasers. So I know they are recent imports, and YES I know the hardware is standard MN cleaning gear. But the pouches are nothing I recognize. While they sort of fit the MN gear, it is obvious they were not originally intended for this stuff. Also odd is that they have hardened wire stitched into the right and left edge seams. Maybe intended to keep the contents from bending? The tab on top can not reach the button on the pouch with these wires in. Anyone know what the pouches were originally intended for????
Look like SVT cleaning kit pouches. Doesn't mean they weren't used for Mosins as well.

View attachment 140271 View attachment 140272
Joe

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
They appear to be newly made SVT tool pouches.

·
Administrator
12,130 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Fold the side of the pouch with the button over, then fold the top down and button it down, fold the other side over and button the whole thing
closed. This keeps the tools from falling out of the pouch.
View attachment 140421
Joe

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Don't work...the top flap can not reach the button on the side flap...it is too short in length, and the wire sewn into the seams keep you from folding the cloth to contort it into reaching.
I've never seen one with wire in it, that's a new one on me! The one I showed in the picture is folded as I described.
Joe

·
Administrator
12,130 Posts
Mine has a wire in one of the edges. As I already wrote above, the top buttonhole is for the breast pocket button - or so the story goes. Makes sense, though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is the same kind of pouch that came with my 91/30, haven't figured out how it closes either. Doesn't have any kind of marking on it so I have no idea if it's the right one for the rifle or not.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,568 Posts
Iv'e got spare pouches

What I need are the correct tools, maybe we can work up a trade? My pouches have the cool button with the star, and hammer and sickle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts