Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
22,933 Posts
I have not been able to pinpoint the time frames on all the varients. The earliest had the mag pouch crossway on the front of the flap, ala the earlier Campo Giro holster; in fact, they may have been Campo Giro holster held over and re-issued. This would probably be in the early 1920s. Then there is the perpendicular on the flap variation like this which I would guess appeared in the mid to late 1920s, then they moved it to the body of the holster under the flap, and that setup had 3 or 4 variations through the SCW to Franco era. I would guess it is pre-SCW, at least.

·
Gold Bullet member
481 Posts
Could this have been used during the civil war, Bob?

Thanks,
Dave
NO, that holster is post SCW.

I have not been able to pinpoint the time frames on all the varients. The earliest had the mag pouch crossway on the front of the flap, ala the earlier Campo Giro holster; in fact, they may have been Campo Giro holster held over and re-issued. This would probably be in the early 1920s. Then there is the perpendicular on the flap variation like this which I would guess appeared in the mid to late 1920s, then they moved it to the body of the holster under the flap, and that setup had 3 or 4 variations through the SCW to Franco era. I would guess it is pre-SCW, at least.
Bob, the Astra 400 holsters with the horizontal pouch on the flap, were made that way, the Campo Giro holsters were never officially reutilized. That variation of the holster, was the only officially issued until 1939. Anything brown or tan color was issued before 1939.

Anything black color, and there you have several variations, including the one on this post, is post-SCW. All these black holster variations were contemporary. You may find even the pre-SCW holsters just dyed black and reutilized.

I promise to post a picture with some holsters on a "timeline", from the Bergmann Bayard 1908 to the LLAMA 82 (the current HK pistols issued are most carried on Bianchi M12 type holsters)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.