Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Back in 2018, I had several Enfield rifles stolen along with my entire gun collection in Jonesboro, Arkansas.

If you have knowledge of the location of any of these rifles, please contact me at the e-mail address provided.

I appreciate it very much,
DeWayne Hayes

View attachment Enfields.pdf

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Hope you get them back, but was just wondering why it took 2 years to spread the information, maybe it is now too late and they are sat in their new homes.

Good luck tho'.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you're absolutely correct, it was stupid of me to have waited this long to post here - should have been the first thing I did when the guns were stolen. It was an incredibly complicated time, however, as my mother had just died (which is why my collection was suddenly in storage) while I was living/working overseas. I still am, actually. Only recently has it occurred to me that I should have gotten the serial numbers on the Enfield forum as some of these guns may wind up in the hands of Enfield collectors, not the meth heads who stole them.

I figure there's little to no chance of ever getting any back, but just wanted to get this info into the hands of the Enfield community, as some of these were really minty collector specimens. That No. 5, especially, was a super clean BSA that appeared unfired; came from Brian Dick many years ago. Also a minty NZ marked Long Branch No. 4. And a mint true Irish Contract No. 4 Mk2. I spent years finding and collecting those Enfields, would love to get my hands on one or more of them again someday.

Dreaming, I know ...

Thanks,
DeWayne

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another pic, taken a few years earlier, showing most of the stolen rifles in better light.

Left to right:
BSA No. 1 Mk III #59834 (stolen)
BSA No. 4 Mk 1 #R35218 (stolen)
Long Branch No. 4 Mk 1* 15L6221 (stolen)
Faz No. 4 Mk 2 #PF320584 (stolen)
BSA No. 4 Mk1/2 #BD11345 (stolen)
BSA No. 4 Mk1/3 (NOT stolen, sold)
BSA No. 5 Mk 1 #BK0456 (stolen)
BSA/DSA L1A1 (NOT stolen, sold)

Not Shown: Long Branch CNo4 Mk 1* #95L8103 (stolen)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
57,081 Posts
I may have come in contact with one of your stolen rifles. If you’d like to message me at 16157758752 we can see what we can do
you may want to send a conversation, vs putting your phone number out for the public to see,

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Then you may want to edit out your number unless you want crank and con calls years from now.
As a new member you may not have private messaging privileges yet?
Perhaps one of our ever-so- helpful cheery moderators can help?
It would be a good idea to have your number removed from the quoted reply as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys, sorry, i don't get back here often. ColdHearted, thanks for reaching out - I'll be in touch.

sonvolt

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wanna give you huge thank you to ColdHearted! He did indeed find one of my stolen Enfields (a BSA Shirley No. 4 Mk 1 second from left in the picture above), and I've now got the police revisiting the case to see if they can follow the trail back a few steps and find others, or even better, send someone's **s to jail. I intend to make ColdHearted whole should he have to surrender the rifle with no compensation. The insight he's provided in a case the police did absolutely nothing with is worth every penny. Thank you, ColdHearted! - sonvolt

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just got off the phone with the guy from Tennessee who sold the rifle to ColdHearted. He purchased it from a guy from Arkansas (nearby town to where the guns were stolen) who drove to Kentucky to sell them at "a friend's" estate sale. He said he also had one with "a blonde stock" which I'm pretty certain is a No. 4 Mk 1/3 I had, not in the above picture. And brilliantly, he had the smarts to get the guy's business card - with a picture!

So, I've given all the info to the Jonesboro, AR police, and if they are doing their job, they should be questioning the guy on the business card soon. He's 77 years old. Granted, all he'd have to say is "I bought those guns from a guy at a gun show" and that will be a dead end, but with any luck, he'll know something, panic, and rat on someone. We shall see.

Regardless, ColdHearted and the guy he bought the gun from both deserve a medal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts