Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?30225-Miracles-do-happen!
This has been such a strange journey for this pistol. Stolen from me in 1975. I just received it today. It somehow lost the holster and matching spare magazine, but damn, I finally got it back. I still don't believe it!
That is only oil and some lint on the bolt. It is still unfired.
If you don't believe in miracles you should now-I sure do.
My most gracious thanks go out to MR. Flip Fazenbaker-owner of the Horse Soldier Civil War Store in Gettysburg, Pa, who discovered this pistol for me.
My most respectful thanks also goes out to Det. Sgt. Phil Martin of the Trinidad, Colo. Police Department. He was a great help in getting my pistol back to me.
I will add to this saga soon, just now I am so overcome-after 39 years-I need a drink!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Congrats on the safe return. I can tell you this. It wasn't stolen by a reloader. That's one plus for a gun that there is no useable ammo for unless you make it.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?30225-Miracles-do-happen!
This has been such a strange journey for this pistol. Stolen from me in 1975. I just received it today. It somehow lost the holster and matching spare magazine, but damn, I finally got it back. I still don't believe it!
That is only oil and some lint on the bolt. It is still unfired.
If you don't believe in miracles you should now-I sure do.
My most gracious thanks go out to MR. Flip Fazenbaker-owner of the Horse Soldier Civil War Store in Gettysburg, Pa, who discovered this pistol for me.
My most respectful thanks also goes out to Det. Sgt. Phil Martin of the Trinidad, Colo. Police Department. He was a great help in getting my pistol back to me.
I will add to this saga soon, just now I am so overcome-after 39 years-I need a drink!
Well, "Mr. Lucky", when you get a chance post the pistol's serial number and perhaps we can find your other mag too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Wow, that is truly amazing. Beautiful Baby!

I was aware that this Baby was stolen from one of your early posts and kept the serial number in my notebook in hope I may come across it at a gun show or auction. Now I will be on the lookout for the spare mag.

Any distinct features of the holster that would help ID it? Photo?

- tge

·
Silver Bullet member
708 Posts
Absolutely great news!!! I had a Mauser M1914 stolen from me a few years ago, and figure that I'm way too old to wait that long and also think that they threw it into the drink as it had no magazine with it (I do my best to remove them at a show)

·
Silver Bullet member
854 Posts
Holy Cow!! That's pretty good news for you! I'm glad your pistol found it's way back home. It would be nice for the holster and matching spare mag to show up, but honestly, I think you got the best of those three items. ;)

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
In the immortal words of Bill and Ted; "Dude!"

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.