Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this up, is there any significance to the sticker on the stock?
I seem to vaguely recall numbers like this used when a rifle was used in shooting matches, or am I thinking of something else?

Simply a rack number?

Any reason to not remove it?

It's a 42, all matching, no electropencil.

I think I may sell it, anyone care to give an approximate value opinion? I was thinking $450ish shipped?

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,201 Posts
That is an inventory sticker from 1985 . DO NOT remove the sticker !!!!!!!!!!! Price varies on condition . $450 is very reasonable . Read the post below where an exceptional HVA M38 sold for $905 . Not sure yours is in that range . You need more photos & better description for a price . Auctions will let it find it's true value .

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is an inventory sticker from 1985 . DO NOT remove the sticker !!!!!!!!!!! Price varies on condition . $450 is very reasonable . Read the post below where an exceptional HVA M38 sold for $905 . Not sure yours is in that range . You need more photos & better description for a price . Auctions will let it find it's true value .
That's why I love posting here, I wanted to check on that sticker and I knew someone would know what it is, the guy I got it from said it was probably from Century, I told him I've seen aluminum tags, but never stickers.

He has 8 more, guess I better take a look at them, and I better call him to tell him to not peel any stickers.

When I get it back out I'll post better pics, the bore is better than mirror.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you've hit the honey hole. :thumbsup:
Yep, my wallet hurts.

Longtime collector, hoarder, rarely seller from the early 60's.

I have an appointment next week to look at 2 more M28/30's, 2 M39's and I just called him to bring up 4 Swedes, he said he'll grab 2 CG's and 2 HQ's.

The nice thing is that they are in no hurry to sell, so if I look at something but am short on cash, they simply hold it until I can pick it up, kinda like no money down lay-away.

I didn't really luck into though, I'm a former FFL and still have many contacts. Also, living 15 mins from the old Springfield Sporters helps, as the area seems flooded with mil-surps and old C&R licensees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.