Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine said this stock is for a 98/22. I had bought it years ago thinking it was for a Gew 98. it is laminated and only has the metal stamps as shown in the photos. I assume the stock was sanded of any cartouches. Can anyone give me more info on this? Thanks

Attachments

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,336 Posts
It is a stock for a Cz-98/22,the handguard has the retaining ring and is longer and goes arount rear sight.The Gew-98 stock dosent have the cut out for the handguard spring.The Gew98 has the shorter hand guard that just goes from rear sight to lower band.This would work on a Gew-98 but Really it isnt a Gew-98 stock.Sometimes people assume because of the tube and washer deivce that it makes it a Gew-98 stock.It is not laminated,it is just the grain in the wood

·
Gold Bullet member
4,427 Posts
Look at the inletting a couple inches forward of the receiver ring, there should be two little notches for the handguard-spring-clip widget to fit.

Regardless of what it is specifically, it's USABLE as a Gew98 stock, and that makes it quite handy to have. I rescued a chopped but beautiful 16 Erfurt with 98/22 stock I lucked into, and turned out rather well, I thought. Nobody can tell, at least. By all means, KEEP THIS STOCK. It's basically a resurrect-one-Gew98-free card.

·
Copper Bullet member
722 Posts
Here are some pictures of a E lion 23 98/22. Mine is a bit different but very similar. This ia also a Turkish contract B serial number.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts