Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
did you mix up the pics?
I'd assume No. 1, 2, and ' 5 ' to be the Argy M91. If No. 4 is the Argy M91, it's a shortened one...

No. 6 - 7 mightbe an old-style German Gew. 98, very rare!
Indication: she still has the Marking disk (pre-1916 ?), but as well Imperial German cyphers on the right butt! Also no finger grip on the front stock -> old-style.
The wood structure doesn't look like walnut, more like beech, somewhen about 1916-17... In this condition a very rare and collectible German WW1 Gew.98 stock !

Chris

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you mix up the pics?
I'd assume No. 1, 2, and ' 5 ' to be the Argy M91. If No. 4 is the Argy M91, it's a shortened one...

No. 6 - 7 mightbe an old-style German Gew. 98, very rare!
Indication: she still has the Marking disk (pre-1916 ?), but as well Imperial German cyphers on the right butt! Also no finger grip on the front stock -> old-style.
The wood structure doesn't look like walnut, more like beech, somewhen about 1916-17... In this condition a very rare and collectible German WW1 Gew.98 stock !

Chris
As it turns out, you're spot on with the ID. I matched the stock to one of my Gewer98's. It's the same. Good eye on seeing the cartouche on my stock. I thought it was a dent. Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.