Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to find someone knowledgeable in Stith scope mounts or has some sort of Stith reference catalogue available. I got a Remington Model 81 with a Stith mount on it but unfortunately no scope. I really want to get a correct scope for this mount but I really have no idea what would fit in here.

The rear receiver mount is marked "F3A" on the back.

The front mount is about 35 mm (1.37") in diameter and the tube/sleeve portion is about 42 mm (1.65") in length. This is marked "SII LS" or "S11 LS" on the bottom.

Finally, there are two parallel lines cut out underneath the front mount. Do these have something to do with retention? Is there supposed so be some tension leaf spring that passes through here to help stabilize the front of the scope?

I would be very grateful if someone could assist me!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hello,

I will try here. ok the slot hold the scope in place. you gave dimension of the outer and length. All you need to know what is the INNER ring or ID (inside Diameter) dimensions this will tell you what scope it was made for. the numbers you gave are for RIFLE specific mounts which you already know it is for the Rem 8/81. you should come up with 1/2, 19mm (3/4), 22mm (7/8's), 1" or 26mm are the 4 ring sizes they made once you have that them you can get a list of scopes for that size.

later
vaughn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.