Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Well, to start with, there were not many made, this one is in very nice shape in spite of the lack of strap, but that said, I think that something is funny about this auction, the winning bidder has 3 feedback and they are not anything that would indicate this is an advanced WWI collector, one of the underbidders is a 0 feedback bidder.
Best wishes
Gus

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gus -

You may be right. I have seen strange auctions like this with high figures and low feedback numbers. Makes me wonder if they are 'test' examples for a new ebay system.

I've had a few nice plates, but never got anything close to that for them!

- Mike

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
He John,
I gave up on the tin foil hat, and the CIA already knows where I live. What really worries me is the time I was texting a friend on google and I made a comment to my wife, and on the screen I read "I heard that" when I said, "I wonder what that means" and she typed what I had said to my wife. It would seem that if you have a mike attached to your computer, you can be heard through the internet (needles to say, mine is unplugged).
Best wihses
Gus

·
Silver Bullet member
6,214 Posts
I've always wanted to take one of these stirnpanzer-equipped helms and put a .303 bullet into it......I'll bet we would find out that all it offered was psychological protection.

Regards.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
I've always wanted to take one of these stirnpanzer-equipped helms and put a .303 bullet into it......I'll bet we would find out that all it offered was psychological protection.

Regards.
Ho yes! And even when a "panzer-piercing bullet" wouldn't get through, the poor guy wouldn't remember his own name for a week or so!

·
Silver Bullet member
6,214 Posts
It would at least be like getting hit in the helmet with a 5 kg sledgehammer!

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, one of the tests for a real one is that when struck correctly it 'rings like a bell.' The repros go thud. Maybe that's where the saying came from! Had one with a schrapnel dent in the front. Can't imagine what it took to do that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts