Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
But needed advice. I payed extra to next day air it, was told that it would be at my ffl friday. My FFL does not close until 9 pm on fridays. I stop by friday night, they have not got it. I stop by today, at 4, and they still do not have it. Keep in mind, I next day aired it, and that was wednsday. These guys have a reputation for being dicks, and they claimed that even if it had come in friday I would not be able to pick it up until moday as they would have to 'check it in'. The odd thing is, they teach concealed carry classes on weekends, and are very busy with that on saturdays....They are also the same guys who condesended me for wanting to buy a star. They tried to upsell me into a newer 9mm.....
Bottom line, I believe these guys are dicking around with me, and I am not happy about it. I canceled a trip today to my familys land, in hopes it would be in today so I could clean it. No, according to them its not. So, monday night I have class on top of 10 hours of work, tuesday I have a doctors apointment, and I MIGHT be able to pick it up wednsday. So, a full week later after next day airing it.....Do I have a right to be pissed off? Funny, I ordered my makarov....Waited a week, the day it came in a was in the store less then a hour after is was off the truck and walking out with it 30 minutes later....So, how does that jive with 'even if its here friday you can't pick it up until monday because we have to check it in'..... This is the first (and last) time I am ever doing business with these guys......

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I am being impatient...But how long does it take to log a gun into a dealers book? 10 minutes? These guys had at attitude towards me when I went in to order the star, so it kind of chaps me if they are dicking me around.
Also, you should get what you pay for. I payed next day air, it should have been here TWO full days later. I am not in the habit of making charitable contributions against my will towards a business....

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
2 lessons, never pay extra, always get a tracking number, then you can see online where it is. it was probably minty, so the dicks ordered another to give you so they could keep the minty..... just be patient, the replacement will be in shortly. :D

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aim didn't offer a tracking number.......I am going to get one monday or find out if it was delivered.....My entire beef is that if they had it friday night, or saturday but didn't want to bother with me while they were doing concealed carry classes, they can reimberse me the money. In that case, it is not my fault or AIMs.....We'll see. If I encounter that, and they won't cover the cost of next day air, then they can send it back and I'll order it through another company. It will be a month before I can shoot it anyway now, and I don't take to being screwed over like that.
Sorry, this is the impression I get over how this seems to be going. I have never ordered a firearm and payed next day air and recieved it a week later.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sounds like you need to find a better FFL guy:mad:. The one I use charges ten bucks per form (not per gun), has his very cute office manager:D do all of the record keeping she legally can, calls me when guns arrive, and doesn't care if I buy a Wilson Combat or a High Point:). (No High Points yet, but I might, just to mess with some snobs I know. No Wilsons either, but someday.)

When I bought three "gunsmith special" Star Modelo Supers from Sarco, the FFL cost was a whole ten bucks. Incidentally, all three guns cleaned up and are good shooters, though they aren't pretty.

My FFL guy has received Llamas, Makarovs (the real ones), Stars, Nagant pistols, Mausers of various origin and condition, receivers, etc. etc., and the most he has ever said is "what is this?"

Unless your FFL holder is the only game around, he'd be history with me. CB

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, their are several others in town......Unless if it is just not delivered yet, he'll be history. Should I get a refund if it has not been delivered yet? If I payed for next day air?...

·
Registered
731 Posts
First you have to find out when/what day it was shipped and the UPS Trax#. Then if it was indeed shipped NextDayAir and delivered the next day to your FFL, you have no argument with AIM, just with your FFL for delay in transfering the gun to you. IF the gun was shipped NextDayAir BUT NOT delivered the next day, UPS has a 'guaranteed delivery' that will refund the amount of the shipping, in this case to AIM (because they in fact shipped it). You may be able to get AIM to refund that shipping amount to you because of that fact. Perhaps the gun hasn't been delivered at all yet. Lost in the system..the Trax# will help tell you that. Either way, I'd find another FFL for transfers..or get an 03FFL.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got jerked around a while by an FFL ordering for me. I found a guy who does it right, he is not particularly cheap, but I have no problems. I even stopped by when he was swamped and he looked thru the 50+ transfers he got in to find mine and open it, log it, and transfer to me, took about 30 minutes.

That's why I keep using him.

JW

·
Registered
658 Posts
that's exactly why I have a C&R. I have never actually purchased a gun that I had to do a transfer on, and probably never will. I buy stuff from my local dealers, but just don't plan on the hassle of transferring. At $30 for 3 years, my C&R has paid for itself several times over in the year and a half I've had it.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so....any opinions on the hammer spring on my star? What are you guy'es like? Compared to the helwan, its really, REALLY lite......I believe it will lite off a primer, but I'm not sure. I am considering removing the bullt and powder from a case, and fireing it to see.....Any idea's?

·
Registered
423 Posts
That sucks for you on that ffl thing. I got my C&R and have never looked back. It is absolutly of the the most intelligent things that I have ever done as far as saving money, because there are vendors online that give you discounts. Today I ordered a M1 Garand reproduction ammo belt, got my discount, and paid $1.00 for shipping. 1 FREAKING DOLLAR! Anyways, please either tell where and who this FFL guy is so that way no one else gets screwed by him, or at least email his name to me. I hate getting screwed.
Keep us posted on how this plays out.

·
Copper Bullet member
489 Posts
FFL

I highly recommend getting the tracking number. AIM is great to work with and will give it to you easy. Once you have that, no need to worry or wonder.

I had a great FFL here that I used all the time for 15 per transfer. However, now that I have my C&R, seems like I haven't used his services for almost a year.

I am not defending your FFL guys, but keep in mind, any inappropriate action as an FFL could get it pulled quick or at least audited. No one is willing to risk that. It would be easy to call in and complain about an FFL you know is doing something wrong, but please be sure before you do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts