Here is a good educational thread on the Stiga Vapen rifles -

Umimmak Torulleq
Gunboards Premium Member
Denmark
104 Posts
Posted - 04/07/2004 : 11:51:43 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey folks.

Now and then I happen to fall over swedish rifles named Stiga? Stiga though is a name that I usually connect with two completely other things: Table tennis equipment and lawn movers! Perhaps the Stigarifles were made by HVA and then sold in the name of Stiga? And by the way, HVA do make a lot of lawn movers so perhaps there is some kind of relation here anyway?

But the question still is: Who are/were Stiga and who made their rifles?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance from Umimmak Torulleq
-------------------------------------------------------------------------Umimmak Torulleq

Pettson
Swedish Civilian Firearms Board Moderator
Sweden
557 Posts
Posted - 04/08/2004 : 03:48:53 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stiga Vapen, like Vapendepoten and a few others, had their own workshop. Mainly a firearms distributor, they also also purchased a lot of m/96 and m/94 rifles which they then rebuilt into hunting rifles. These are still fairly common over here. Workmanship is fair, and prices low.

Pettson
--------------------------------------------------------------------------There are no prospects for a man who is still disliked by the age of forty."
- Confucius -
- - -
"What appears quite credible to me, who know a great deal about guns, is often received sceptically by those who only think they know about guns."
- Robert Churchill -
- - -
"Good girls go to heaven. Bad girls go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want."
- Elena Filatova -
www.elenafilatova.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts