Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sticky poll!

Poll wording needs changing. Stickeys should not be made as a regular thread, don't think anyone wants to have to search 15-20 or more pages to find something in a stickey, but they should not take up as much space as they do. Why not put them, as I suggested all under under one heading so someone looks or not. Now most skip over them to get to the latest posts. If under one heading would more read or less? The poll should be reworded to (1) Leave as is, (2) Place under one heading.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Please vote in the poll as stated.

You won't have to search the posts manually, you can use the search function in the header bar.

Unlike the previous boards, this one seems to work.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
The poll, as worded, is absurd. Stickys are fine but what we have now is ridiculous. Some of them can be consolidated into one - like reloading for ALL the calibers, research stickys, etc. Others can be even placed on the Banzai site. They don't need to occupy the top of EVERY page like they do now. If there has to be that many, just put them on the top of the first page.
And, yes, I will say it now - I didn't appreciate having my thread "Now What" locked out. We're supposed to have moderators, not dictators. We all hold the 2nd ammendment dear (except for Jareth), and I think we should respect the 1st ammendment as well. We don't need a momma hen hovering overhead just waiting to pounce on something she doesn't want to hear.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,322 Posts
In an effort to steer things back on topic, we have followed the recommendation of one of our members and created an index sticky for some of the topics of interest to smaller sections of members and unstuck the corresponding thread. Hopefully this will provide quicker acces and less frustration over the former half-page of stickies for the majority of folks. There is also no way that I have found to make them only show-up on the first page. We are limited to the tools available.

Your Moderators

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brad, noted the change when I logged on, A very EXCELLENT solution. Thanks, Rodent 48

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
solution

Brad,
nice solution. Thanks for helping out.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Apology

Adogs,
you have my sincere apology.

When I locked what I considered a 'whining' or 'less than helpful' thread; I was overwhelmed with people who still couldn't even log in and many others with PM problems.

In hindsight I overreacted, and am sorry it POed you so bad. I will unlock it now so you can continue.

All,
If you don't like what I or BradB do, just let us know. Please don't stew or go away. You can always send Brad a PM about an issue with me or vice-versa.

No doubt, I'll make another mistake or two along the way, but only with the best of intentions.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Now that the sticky problem has been settled without a fist fight, could the other sticky threads (not stickeys) be removed? Or combined?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Good job Brad! I like it. And many thanks to both Don and yourself for helping us to get this forum into shape. :)

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Merging threads

Sticky related threads are being merged to save space at the request of Ronin48.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
03, I'd like to apologise as well. Seems we butted heads at a bad time for both of us. I know you were overwelmed with this site change and I was going through some "family problems" (nothing is worse that that!). Anyway, we're all past that now and can move on. BTW way this site now looks & runs great. Thanks Don & Brad for all the work you've done!
Oh yeah, I wasn't whinning, I was merely sniveling! :)

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Adogs,
thanks. This site is streets ahead of the old one.

I do have a couple issues I have or will ask for help on, one is that the search function does not like just one word, sometimes it wants you to use at least four, the other is the stickys(oops, did I say stickys?) on every page of the threads, I have asked Vic about this one this am.

Now let's see more of your good stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts