Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick count shows about 17 "Stickys' before you get to the real "meat" of this Board. Would it be possible to put all into one, call it "Stickys of Importance" or somesuch? Am I the only one that gets tired of scrolling through all the stickeys?

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,025 Posts
Careful Doss - you'll get your post locked if you complain.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A quick count shows about 17 "Stickys' before you get to the real "meat" of this Board. Would it be possible to put all into one, call it "Stickys of Importance" or somesuch? Am I the only one that gets tired of scrolling through all the stickeys?

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,025 Posts
Careful Doss, you'll get your post locked for complaining and may get subsequent posts deleted.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,586 Posts
Adogs,
welcome back.

Doss,
If all the stickys were in one, no one would know what they were and not look at them.
They do show up at the top cause that is the way the board is.

It takes what, 2 seconds or less, to scroll through them?

·
Silver Bullet member
15,586 Posts
time

Jareth,
how much is the time off?

It is correct when I make a post.

·
Registered
333 Posts
03, it may take just a 2nd, but I don't like it either. Did anyone see if once posted, then gets unstuck, if it goes to the bottom? A sticky stays at the top because it is a sticky. A "normal" posting falls to the bottom as time goes on, yet is still searchable.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
There are too many "stickys" We now have almost a half of each page devoted to them. And that's too many.
I really disagree with the muzzling of anyone on this board except only in very extraordinary conditions. In the old boards that I have been digging through I've only found one thread where the flamethrowers were pulled out. That says alot about the great people who participate in this board.
We have alot of fun here teasing, complaining, poking each other in the ribs, and even telling one member his collection should be used for growing Tomatos!
We have got a great group of guys here that get together most every night to discuss, cuss, and continue to marvel at the things that fascinate
all of us... The Firearms of the Rising Sun.

·
Registered
201 Posts
.......he's got a point.........gotta be a better way.....or Im' just as old a fart as he to have a crotchety attitude and sand in my thong about that.........(.....runs off to bunker to avoid incoming.....)

·
Silver Bullet member
15,586 Posts
Stickys

There are 17 stickys and 50 threads on the first page when I look at this board. Is this not what you see? Surely isn't half the first page, maybe half the first screen.

All of the stickys were asked for by someone; now they seem to be a problem.

I will put up a poll and let your guys vote, leave them alone or take them away(except for the Rules).

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,025 Posts
The same 17 stickies are on all four pages. They should only be on the first page.
OK, I'm complaining, again, so you can lock this thread now.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,586 Posts
Complain away, I didn't design these boards, I don't like it either, but the choice is to have the sticky topics or not.

Please vote in the poll.

Would you be happy if they were only on the first page?

Whatever the majority wants will be it.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,025 Posts
This is really weird. Somehow this topic has split. I thought my reply above had been deleted & then it shows up here later. Strange.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Another solution and might be what old Doss was saying, is you might have 25 stickies, and if you unsticky, them, you have maybe 5 stickies (if these drop off to the bottom). But you can make ONE master sticky for the previous postings or historical postings, anotehr master for book reviews, etc, you might have 5 or 8 stickies but you can combine them.

Before releasing the sticky's (unsticky them), you copy the thread URL number above then place them all in one place, like this:

Fakes and things:
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=414

Blowing up T99's
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=2405

8mm reloading:
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=2403

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Now that you have posted the "Books & links" you could delete the one with just the Banzai web site URL on it as it is listed in the "Books & links" one.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,322 Posts
Tidying up

Guys;

I have condensed, included, etc. to shorten the list of stickies under the overall concept of what a new member should see to get started or those of general interest to everybody. Others are linked in an index post. Hopefully this will take everyone back onto the topic of Japanese weapons and militaria.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts