Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People were very kind in helping with getting the Carcano bolt back together, (I have not succeeded yet). My main question was the ammunition sticking in bolt. The ammunition (Prvi Partizan) sticks in the bolt when I try to chamber a round. Is there some issue with the extractor? Or has anyone had problems with the Prvi ammo in 6.5 carcano? Or would the aftermarket clips be at fault somehow? Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
You must use the clip. Don't load single rounds by dropping them in the chamber. To single load remove the bolt put the shell in the bolt then put the bolt back in the receiver.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
The cartridge should "stick" in the bolt. Like Ed says, load using a clip or single load by pressing up and under the extractor.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Sorry, I was not clear. It jams in the bolt, It is very hard to remove and when it is removed the rim of the casing is damaged.
Can you post a picture of the bolt face, with and without a cartridge in place?

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
It could be a damaged bolt face or damaged extractor (bent/burred) Post some pictures if you can. When the bolt is out of the gun get an empty case or cartridge and try to slide it up the face of the bolt. That may help you determine what the problem is.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o3, biged and Mr. Mitch. Thanks for your input. I followed the video and after two or three watchings I finally got the bolt back into the gun. A sense of accomplishment. However, I did take the bolt apart and cleaned it, I put some grease on the firing pin rod where the spring is (seemed like there was some very old grease on it when I took it apart, I took the extractor out and cleaned that all up along with the safety and the decocker. Got it all back together, Put the clip in with the PPV ammo. and it did it again. I finnally got one to work as it should and then another an another. The bolt seems kind of stiff, but the shells cycled nicely, until one did not feed. I think the gun needs to be shot alot. I am ttaking to a gun smith and he said he would check head space and even test fire it. That sounded like a good deal. I am still somewhat suspicious of the clips, they were the cheapest ones I could find. I guess I jumped the gun. My K 31 was flawless from the word go, as was my Swedish Mauser, both did appear to be in better condition that the Carcano when they arrived though. Actually, I can't wait to take it to the range. I will probably go to the indoor range first because the closest outdoor range is the Sheriifs range and it is only open a couple of times a month. I feel kind of stupid for going to the forum before doing my end first. Thanks again, if you are ever going to be in Palm Beach County, I would like to buy you lunch.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Once you get her settled in and shooting right, you'll say it was well worth it!
I'm glad for ya. Keep us informed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.