Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the Steyr MA1 series of pistols? They look really interesting. Like a Glock with a Luger grip angle. I'm thinking of getting one but would like to know if they have any issues.

·
Registered
92 Posts
MA1

I too am looking at purchasing one of these. Am looking at the .40 MA1 for CCW purposes. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about these pistols?

·
Silver Bullet member
36,346 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pity I can't convince the gunshop to let me take one on a test drive. All I know is they feel good in my hand.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It is very hard to try it before you buy it when you dont know anyone that owns one for you to try. And the ranges dont have them for you to rent and try that way. Gunshops dont usually let you take them for a test drive before purchase so we are left with asking folks who may have real world experience and making a judgement call based on the reviews we have heard. So anyone else have an opinion on these pistols?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I like mine and would not sell it.

The only down side is a lack of holsters and other accessories.

Safariland made a duty holster for the first model.

I doubt if they still do.

My holsters are Kydex because that is all that is readily available.

As far as the pistol goes, it has never failed me.

It is everything a Glock should be but unfortunately isn't.

If CDNN has any left, grab one now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I ordered one and picked it up last Tuesday. Here's some pictures.

It seems to shoot pretty good though I've only put 50 rounds thru it so far.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I bought a S9 last year for my CCW, and really like it. I also have a HK usp compact 9mm that I just bought, and actually like the Steyr better.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,755 Posts
got one of the first ones and now this one.

mine is the early one and has the extra safty in the trigger.:) this gun was designed to be a 40 cal, and then 9mm so it is a lot stronger then most 9mm converted to 40cal, lower barrel axes then the glock puting recole down in to the hand more, making control for both cal much better. i own the EARLY GB :D, AND THIS ONE TWO VERY DIFFERENT GUNS, but this gun for the reduced price, which is due in part to restructuring at styre needing capital to rebuild after ther factory was bought by i believe beretta? :eek: is the greats buy on the market. as far as this i traded a new in box 40 glock, i know,:eek: but when they came out they were higher. and hard to get. and after i saw a bulliten sent out to all police in wv concerning ruptured chambers with factory p plus p ammio :eek: i got rid of it. more info at http://members.cox.net/guntraning/steyr.htm. if ive typed this right. and get the older one like mine the extra safty has come in handy.:D.<><school teacher

1 - 11 of 11 Posts