Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the gun show today. Mausers were $200 too high, two Arisakas with mums were $700!! So I found this. Been wanting one of these and kicking myself in the butt for passing on one I found online several months back. Side mounted sling mounts but with a bayonet lug. Has the stacking deal at the end of the barrel. Looks like it was rechambered to 8x56R with the S mark. And it still has the old sights on it, read somewhere that they put them back on after the 30's or so. Had to take the rear barrel band off and turn it around because the dummy had it on the wrong way when I bought it. Any more info on it? Got confused with all the cut downs, cavs and carbines.

·
Administrator
12,310 Posts
... And it still has the old sights on it...
Not really - the old sight was ground and renumbered as in yours, which is a cut down long rifle. It looks nice, congratz!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Did a lot of reading today about it and maybe I misunderstood the two different sights I saw in another post. Didn't know a thing about a Mosin either at first and now 30 into it I feel about 2% smarter about them. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.