Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I'm not much of a Mauser guy (that's slowly changing) but decided to buy this Steyr M95/24 at an auction recently and was wondering what they're worth. It seems to be in pretty good condition, all numbers matching bolt and bolt matches receiver. The magazine housing is a different number; I assume this is normal because the Slavs modified the original M95 housing to use 7.92x57 stripper clips not enblocs...? The extractor is also present and in working condition. Bore is surprisingly good as well but unfortunately the bottom of the magazine housing has some rough pitting. No import mark.

TYIA

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
These go for a fairly wide range of values, depending on condition, matching numbers, parts missing, etc.

I don't see the M95/24 around as much as the M95M (they are the same gun minus the receiver marking) but there doesn't seem to be much of a premium of one over the other. The magazine housing was numbered by the Yugoslavians when they did the changes, Austrian housings were not numbered. The bolt matches which is a bit unusual. Normally that is the mismatched part. The stock looks like it has been sanded or very well worn as the triangle BT3 stamp on the butt stock is nearly worn off (there should also be a serial number in the stock below the number on the receiver which seems mostly gone as well).

The biggest unknown here is if the integral magazine clip is missing or not. Those are hard to find loose and are expensive (maybe around $100 each +/-).

Now, I have not purchased one of these for a while but with the mismatch magazine, finish lose with some old pitting/rust, sanded stock, and a missing clip I'd guess maybe in the high $200s to low $300s. If the clip is present then somewhere in the high $300s, maybe low $400s. The previous was just a guess based on my outdated knowledge and some quick internet searches of completed auctions.

This M95m bolt mismatch with the clip and a good stock sold for $470 a month ago.
Bolt mismatch, unknown if clip is there, sold for $450 2 years ago.
Bolt mismatch, unknown if the clip is there, nice stock, sold for $250 a year ago.
Same as the last one sold for $275 a year ago.

Reactions: Jebela and N88
1 - 2 of 2 Posts