Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Generally, what's the relationship between Chilean-marked, Nazi-marked and "regular" Steyr Hahns in terms of monetary value?

Thanks in advance,
Dave M

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not sure about the Austrian Military or Chilean examples. but here's a German police gun valued at $650 from an on-line broker. Pistol is 08 marked and dated 1917.

·
Silver Bullet member
28,325 Posts
Chilean carry a premium since there were only 5000 made.

Unknown number of 9mm conversions, but anything with WaffenAmts usually also carries a premium.

Austrian ones are next, then Bavarian

Bottom of the barrel are the scrubbed Romanian contract

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,449 Posts
I believe that some of the Chilean pstols had the crest removed also.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I picked up one that turned out to be a Chilean. You've heard of "M-1 thumb"? How about "Steyr Hahn Pinkie"? I'll try to get some pics next weekend. Any advice would be appreciated, I almost know nothing about 1911's (except don't depress the mag spring with your pinkie).

·
Silver Bullet member
28,325 Posts
Congrats! They are a very nifty rifle. Since you know almost nothing, here are some tips.

* 9mm Steyr != 9mm Largo, do not use the latter, the pressures will suck
* Fiocci makes 9mm Steyr, I think Hornaday does now too,
* the stripper clips from 1950s Czech 7.62x25 work just fine
* Put the safety on when loading, it doubles as a slide catch
* The closest modern replacement recoil spring is the medium power for the Glock 24
* IMA has repro Austrian holsters
* Marstar Canada has spare parts

·
Gold Bullet member
529 Posts
Generally, what's the relationship between Chilean-marked, Nazi-marked and "regular" Steyr Hahns in terms of monetary value?

Thanks in advance,
Dave M
I had a small collection and sold it by pieces a few years ago:

Top Value - $650 - Conversion to 9mm parabellum with German Proofs and police marking(1)

Next - $500 - Austrian Military All matching (1)

Next - $350 - Chilean - full Crest and all matching(2)

Bottoms -$150 - unmatched shooters

While there were only 5000 Chilean made they did not have as much interest as the German and Austrian Military.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,759 Posts
Chilean M1911 serial numbers suggest at least 40,000 units: 1-9999, series A through D have been observed.

M

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope. I have a friend who's slowly selling me his military stuff and using the proceeds to buy Smith & Wessons (I guess it takes all types). Did you see the Ross m1910? the guy wanted $500, which I didn't have. Could've cried.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts