Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Just have to keep your eyes peeled on Gunbroker and Ebay....unfortunately parts for Steyr 1912s are very hard to find just floating around on their own. Conventional springs can generally be gotten to work in most pistols but specific parts are quite rare

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Over on the Jan Stills Luger side of Gunboards, there are a couple of parts guys who might have these parts.
"Lugerdoc", Jim Shaefer, "assistant", and "Aladin". Very good reputations and I've dealt with them before. No problems.

·
Silver Bullet member
37,539 Posts
So...

Firing Pin spring (5)
Firing Pin (6)
Recoil spring (13)
Magazine Spring (28)

Okay, didn't I mention the ISMI flat-wire Glock spring is a drop-in replacement for the recoil spring? Put up a pic and everything.

As luck would have it, I picked up an iffy 9x19 single-stack magazine that won't function, I can send you the spring out of it to try.

might have some spare firing pin springs from other projects I could throw in as well.

Firing pin is the tricky one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am getting the glock spring as you mentioned. i usually view this web page on my phone and it does not let me see all the pics or info as a laptop does. sometimes i miss some things.

is their a particular brand of firearms i can look at the see if i can use those springs as replacements? or is it just trial and error?

·
Silver Bullet member
37,539 Posts
Yep, at this point its trial-and-error. For example, a Walther P.38 magazine spring would probably work if cut down a bit. Not sure about a firing pin spring.

Want me to ask for you on the other side of the shop? (aka Luger.Gunbaords.Com)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.