Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just about a week ago, I picked up my first M95. Been stalking 'em for a while on GunBroker and found one I liked. Arrived in one piece and in great condition, but I'm dying to know more about it. I've heard they're quite rare, and she's got no wood plugs or any of that. Plus all matching on everything with a barrel so nice it rivals my Mausers. First of all, please accept my apologies for my messy work area and not-so-great quality pictures (even tried to take one of the underside of the barrel), but it gets the point across. If anyone could give me more details on these or my rifle in particular, I'd really appreciate it.

·
Administrator
12,270 Posts
The 1904 contract was for 4,000 carbines. Yours has been converted to 8x56, refurbished with a new stock and the bolt is very likely a replacement, too. If you show pictures of the bolt I may be able to tell you more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 1904 contract was for 4,000 carbines. Yours has been converted to 8x56, refurbished with a new stock and the bolt is very likely a replacement, too. If you show pictures of the bolt I may be able to tell you more.
That's quite cool! I guess one of 4,000 isn't bad!

I'll post those pictures of the bolt here ASAP.

·
Administrator
12,270 Posts
Your bolt is not from the original Bulgarian contracts, which have a ventilation hole on the top and numbered bolthead with a lion stamp:

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,270 Posts
Stout recoil that clears your mind from the earthly distractions... Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Ran across this thread and the SN struck me as familiar. Ran into the gun room and bingo! Found that my Bulgarian carbine has a SN just a few digits away from the OP's. Small world! Both went through the same rebuild program. Mine got a new bolt and stock with a very tidy repair to the left side.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.