Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Stetchkin 9mm Mak 1955 issue with plastic clip on holster // buttstock. I would like to replace this with the earlier model wooden stock, / holster,would anyone know of a retailer or other who might have one or could obtain one.Thanks for any assistance

·
Registered
19,239 Posts
Kestral, I would hazard is not in the US
I could get a Stechkin, I know where a parts kit is, only problem is, you'ld have to machine a complete new gun,
because the frame is MG demilled (thanks ATF, at least they didn't burn the barrel)

BUT building one that's just SA, means new guts and an ATF approved design, not to mention the machining
which are all past me, and frankly, collecting gun kits seems pointless to me

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stetchkin reply

Kestral:
PM sent
Thanks for your replys, The Stechkin was purchased from a very large dealership in Germany,They were selling quite a few at the time,all coverted to fire semi auto only. The change lever safety only operates in 2 positions .safe & fire. Completely unable to move to position 3 which was the auto version. I do not like the plastic stock it was supplied with hence the wishing to obtain the wood version from the earlier models. and usually the USA is the place to find all sorts of bits & pieces of interest. I collect ww2 military handguns,plus a few more types of post ww2 items of particular interest. My homeland was occupied by Germany during ww2,& when the war finished the place was flooded out with guns of all shapes & sizes,just left lying around in barracks, officer quarters, store rooms etc.A German Sgt gave me a one sided Nazi flag that was attached to the roof of a vehicle for aerial recognition,still have it,but its starting to shred due to age.We have many visitors during the summer who come to see all the fortifications etc scattered around as we were the only British lands to be occupied during the war.We are part of the British Isles, but not part of the UK,have our own Govt etc. There are a small group of Islands all within 3 to 20 miles apart. The largest is Jersey. next Guernsey.Alderney.Sark.Herm.Jethou & Brechou.We even invaded England in 1066 & won.Not that they took much notice at the time. New Jersey & Guernsey County in the USA are named after some of our ancesters moved over there a few years back.If anyone ever comes visiting from the US give us a call,be most pleased to show you around.

·
Registered
19,239 Posts
AH HA
(actually, have read about the crown islands, they are part of the 'British Monarchy' NOT the UK)
didn't know you guys still had your guns, maybe the Queen has more sense than her politicians
Also read that your schools have started teaching Gaelic again, as your dialect is in danger of going extinct, and is SEPARATE from that spoken in Scotland and Ireland.

Guy who had the kit, is http://forums.gunboards.com/member.php?57084-mrrubyalaska

·
Registered
275 Posts
APS Stechkin

Have a Stetchkin 9mm Mak 1955 issue
Congratulations. Good taste - interesting pistol.
Mine is from 1958 - factory refurb - "crossed rectangle" on the frame. Mirror bore, matching serial numbers except the wooden stock, 5 magazines. Semi-auto only.

Here with the Polish companion PM-63

The pistol is, thanks to the mild 9x18 cartridge, quite nice to shoot, with the fixed long barrel very accurate. Quite heavy but with both hands grip the weight is acceptable - at the range of course. Too bulky and too heavy to carry. The original trigger needs patience - the trigger pull is extremely long. You have to pull, pull, pull to fire. But when you do - results are quite nice.

The result at 25m, 10 shoots, both hands grip - looks like 2 bullets are missing but they are not. First five shots went through that big hole just little above the bull's eye. The 5 spread holes are from the second 5 shots group when the weight of the pistol started to matter and the excitement because of the first 5 excellent shots was too big and I wanted too badly to repeat the score. The ammo - S&B

Anyway - the pistol is great, fun to shoot.

May I ask if you managed to test your Stechkin at the range?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More on Stetchkin

Greetings, In reply to PMB, All I have been able to do so far is fire 3 rds ( all I had at the time ) to ensure it functioned ok.A.OK. Will be able to test it out on this coming weekend & will let you know the result. As you will see ,I`m not to good at taking Pics, but hope the markings are readable. There is a no 31 in the square that's standing on its cnr. to the rear under the hammer position is a small capital A, 2 curving lines then TRA at the base of the curve To the left of the trigger pin is a ...h.. with the rt hand leg longer than the lft.with what looks like two small letter r on the rt of the h. On the plastic stock connecter is etched XP789 Pic to follow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.