Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
Hi S-the tips look like the blunted lead core repacks,now that I look at your pic closely and this happened during the reseating;probably not repacked in Germany -or so it has been rumored.Looks like the pics show a flattened tip.I'd still weigh one and compare for the hell of it.Still has a corrosive primer.
DD-for sure all the plastic core is blunted ?-I thought some were copper coated and shaped like a normal fmj..wish I still had some rounds to look at .I imagine those plaz rounds were almost too effective at crowd control .I'll bet wild parties in EG broke up fast when a few of these got fired.:eek:
Nope...the lead core "reloads/repacks" were put in white cardboard boxes... His picture is the German MILITARY Factory pack and so marked with the Military "M43" designation for GI BALL. His rounds also show the Military lacquer neck seal...not found on lead bullet reload/repacks.

The German "practice rounds" (Ub marked) are as stated.... Lethal ammunition. Would be no different than Ball ammo for crowd control...maybe a bit less penetration on your target, but not a nonlethal round for sure.

Here is the German Ub ammo and box label:

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
The first of these reworked rounds used East German cases and you could not tell them apart from original steel core rounds at all unless you pulled a projectile. All of the reworks came in the white boxes marked "made in Germany".

D.D.
Didn't ALL the East German "reworks" use East German cases? What other case could they use in reworking E German Military ammo into lead core. Some Hungarian GI ammo was done the same way, right? I also don't recall that they didn't put the lacquer neck seal on the Lead core rework projectile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.