Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my rivets today. Im starting anouther Rommy. I got my front trunion set I will press the barrel later this week. I have a paper to write before Tuesday night. What am I doing here I should be doing homework!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Beats me. I usually end up building at 3:00 AM, when I should be sleeping.

I wanted to show you the two builds I just did.

First is built on an AMD kit and an NDS-3 receiver:

Here's the Bulgarian 74:

They both turned out pretty good. My barrel came this weekend for my Maadi, need to start that next. You have a press, I take it?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. No press. Im thinking about running down and getting one. I used to have access to a press but it moved away. If I cant justify the price wanna split the cost? If I do get one. you will be welcome to come over and make use of it.
I have some home made jigs, a bolt cutter rivet press, a BFH and what not. What have you got for jigs and tooling? I wish I still had a Lathe. That would make it a lot easyer to get my tooling going.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh realy nice builds by the way. the amd looks good with the 20 round mag and the modern grip. My bulgy furniture has the rainbow wood stock set also. Both rifles look great. I cant bring myself to take off the red rubber cap from the bolt handle. Where did you find the bakalite mag?

·
Registered
259 Posts
At the Dome show, the fella way in the back of Minett Hall. He had three and a few drums as well.

I've got a press and a complete set of tools including a plinker jig. Give me a call- let's do a build party. Anyone else in this area?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have got as far as to having a complete barreled action. Everthing is in sorts and pretty tight. I have to redo the wood. As I was looking over the gun I noticed that everything is original matching. All the #s seem legit. The bore is A miror. I am very happy so far with this. I had one problem with one of my reveting tools An insid edge of a head forming punch got damaged and marred up 2 rivet heads. i had to doctor them up to adress the finish of them. Other than that. It is well on its way.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have gotten the down to the wood and put the color back in it. I have to make the sheepards Krook. I have to find my sheet metal first. All I have is finish stuff for it. Pics soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts