Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a spare mag or two for my Super S. Sarco has them listed as “original” magazines and “narrow” magazines.
Which one do I have, and are those listed original factory mags or garbage reproduction?
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Sleeve Finger Thumb Fashion accessory Wood
Hand Finger Gesture Everyday carry Bumper

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I still have a bunch of both types new in wrappers packed away for my move back to N Idaho next month, the Star pistols use two distinct type of magazines throughout all the S series pistols. Older guns have a cut in the toe for the mag to move into a recessed position and the mag has a stamped follower and fixed base, mag release oval shaped. Newer production uses a formed follower and removable base mag, release key hole shaped....then there are newer production but designed to use older mags by the ordering Spanish Gov entity….so nothing is cast in concrete with these pistols.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,419 Posts
Actually there are three types, two of them with wide detachable floor plates. These latter two differ in the cut on the upper left side wall for the hold open, and they are not completely interchangeable. Those for the Super models have the recurved s-shaped cut shown in the Sarco ad above, and they will fit either the Super or the standard models (A, B, S). But magazines originally supplied with the standard models are cut less generously, in a straight diagonal line instead of the s-shape; these will bind when inserted in a Super.

However, they can be altered with a Dremel and a small grinding wheel.

M

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Mike, I have a number of Supers and S (SS) pistols and a pile of mags, new and old, all of which are interchangeable with S and Super pistols without any modification….that’s just how my experiences are. I think I already said with Star pistols there seems to be room for conjecture in most cases.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,419 Posts
Mikey, it's not conjecture. There were in fact two different designs of magazine body, both with detachable floor plate --even another variation with different type of floorplate retainer (no hole and button in the bottom, just a slot to engage the magazine spring). These shown are for the big frame pistol (A and B standard, A and B Super); S and S Super are similar.

Star magazines are anything but consistent, so some of the standard A, B and S will clear the Super holdopen parts without binding, but others won't.

M
Rectangle Wood Publication Gadget Tints and shades
Brown Rectangle Wood Beige Tints and shades
Brown Rectangle Material property Tints and shades Wood

1 - 7 of 7 Posts