Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of a Star slide I have. I believe it to be an older model but I cannot find a picture to match the "paddle" extractor. Any help here would be appreciated. I will be listing it for sale once i get the model info. Thanks to all who help.
View attachment 303950
View attachment 303951

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
Based on the hole near the top rear portion of the slide, I would say it is for a Star Model 1920. It had a slide mounted safety lever that would have been in that position.

·
Silver Bullet member
261 Posts
I'm thinking that it is more likely a Star Model 1921 based on the example in my hand. I'm sure Bob will correct me if I am wrong here, but if it was a Model 1920, the slide mounted safety would have a channel machined into the left side for the lever to swing through. In 1921, the safety was moved to the frame and the channel was no longer needed.

·
Silver Bullet Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Godfather! I know you would know. I thought the cut out was for a sight... tho it was confusing!

·
23,298 Posts
jimm2003 has a point there - I am out of town and don't have my reference material. My initial response was based on the hole through the slide that looked like the 1920 safety position, but the side of the slide is not milled for the lever relief. The Gaurdia Civil motif is on the slide, so we know it is in the 1920, 1921, or 1922 range. Rather interesting - it has the hole for the 1920 slide mounted safety, but the side of the slide is not milled for the safety movement - possibly an unfinished piece?

·
Silver Bullet Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd be happy to send it to you for free because you add so much to this forum. I have no use for it as it sits. Maybe you can use it?? Let me know.

·
Gold Bullet member
478 Posts
it has the hole for the 1920 slide mounted safety, but the side of the slide is not milled for the safety movement - possibly an unfinished piece?
Bob please note that te hole is not for the safety, it's for the screw adjustable rear sight. The slide is not for a 1920.

That only leaves us the 1921 or 1922 models, but based on the "T" shaped extractor, most probably is from a 1921, as the production of the 1922 soon deleted that type of extractor to mount the regular one.

·
23,298 Posts
Well, there you go! Like I said, I am out of town and don't have any reference material, but knew from the markings it fell in that group of pistols. Looks like the consensus is that it is a 1921.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.