Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information on a .22 lr cal Star Lancer pistol? I believe it is also called the Model R. I have not been able to find out much about it.
Any info or a source of info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lancer

Bill,
Thanks for the reply. The frame material is one of the things I was interested in. I am just trying to find the general info about this gun. Any quirks/problems, the quantity made, when produced or general impressions.
Thanks again,
Pat

·
Registered
822 Posts
Importation into the US stopped in 1968. The frame is aluminum.
They are uncommon here. Many books call them a variation of the more-common "F" series, but they are not.
They should be kept well-lubricated.
I don't have any reference handy to see when production started, but I would think after 1958.
Bill

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lancer

Bill,
Thanks again for the info. I'd never seen one of these before and just could not turn up any info on them from my usual reference books and sites.
Pat

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Importation into the US stopped in 1968. The frame is aluminum.
They are uncommon here. Many books call them a variation of the more-common "F" series, but they are not.
They should be kept well-lubricated.
I don't have any reference handy to see when production started, but I would think after 1958.
Bill
A very nice little .22, one of my all time favorites, got my first one new in the 1960s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts