Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Star model FR with 6inch barrel. When I put it back together the slide lock wont engage. It is like the slide will not go far enough back. Does anyone on this forum have any experience with these pistols. I could use some knowledgeable help.

Brian Stewart

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Bill, The FR was the first to have a slide stop so the empty mag would be necessary, all of my F's are absent that feature so I cannot visualize what the OP did on reassembly. It is a simple system, I don't know if he cannot manually use it or it does not automatically set on an empty mag....if that is the case I would look at the mag follower.
slide travel may be affected by the recoil spring and guide being replaced incorrectly ? Just guessing without a pistol in front of me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you have a picture of the correct way the recoil spring and recoil spring parts go. Anyone have one of these they could photograph the recoil spring and the inner recoil spring to show how they go in on the FR? It has more parts in the recoil spring than the earlier models. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.