Gunboards Forums banner

Star Model 1914

3K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  skorper 
#1 · (Edited)

#3 ·
Wow! What a rare find! I personally cannot speak to the officer's model aspect, but any Star 1914 is hard to find. Personally, I would not spend the money to get original grips for an example lacking so much finish, although reproductions would be ideal. Perhaps try these? STAR I, .32ACP, 9 RD MAGAZINE OR GRIPS - Triple K

Regarding shooting it, I did a fairly detailed write up on .32 ammo that I can post if you wish. Long story short, most modern newly loaded .32ACP is around 1000fps, with PPU being a bit slower at 900fps.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: skorper
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wow! What a rare find! I personally cannot speak to the officer's model aspect, but any Star 1914 is hard to find. Personally, I would not spend the money to get original grips for an example lacking so much finish, although reproductions would be ideal. Perhaps try these? STAR I, .32ACP, 9 RD MAGAZINE OR GRIPS - Triple K

Regarding shooting it, I did a fairly detailed write up on .32 ammo that I can post if you wish. Long story short, most modern newly loaded .32ACP is around 1000fps, with PPU being a bit slower at 900fps.

Thanks for sharing!
If you think the guns are hard to find, try finding mags (triple K has had me on back order for at least 6 months) or even worse, an original holster. I’ve been searching for years - no joy.

NO LIVE AUCTIONS ALLOWED

#6 ·
I've attached a link to my Star. Dimensionally, it fits the "Officers Model" description.
Hope this helps a bit.

#13 ·
As far as these grips go, if they are indeed sweetheart grips then the guy removed whatever photos might have been held behind them way before I bought it, and then painted the backs black. I see that the serial number falls within the range of the ones that were delivered to the French military so I suppose that this was in French service well before the onset of WWII. while researching these pistols I see that a couple of really good videos about them have been posted on youtube. Supposedly these were of good manufacturing quality and weren't finished by individuals at home with a bit of machining equipment like the Ruby's were.

#23 ·
Leave the third magazine original, it’s not like you will carry the pistol and need backup mags. Also before you do anything else shoot a full mag of each example to see if they will work at all. Pistols will often cycle by hand but while firing experience stoppages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.