Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a source, or know of another model that will retrofit?

I have three mags, followers, springs and floor-plate retainers, but no floor plates.

my searches have not been fruitful.....

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Perhaps the floorplate from a Triple K mag will interchange, if so they should sell parts. Someone here must have both an original and aftermarket they could check to see if any problems.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,853 Posts
With a little poking around, I have discovered that floor plates from the Star M40 and M43 Firestar pistol magazines will fit a BM, without changing the inner retainer plate.

They are a tad loose vertically, but a gentle squeezing down of the rolled lip of the floor plate in a vise cures that.

The only significant difference is that the original BM magazine floorplate has a front lip protruding well beyond the forestrap of the frame. With the Firestar floorplate, it's flush.

I have spare Firestar floorplates for sale @ $5 ea. if anyone is interested; please send me a PM.

M

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With a little poking around, I have discovered that floor plates from the Star M40 and M43 Firestar pistol magazines will fit a BM, without changing the inner retainer plate.

They are a tad loose vertically, but a gentle squeezing down of the rolled lip of the floor plate in a vise cures that.

The only significant difference is that the original BM magazine floorplate has a front lip protruding well beyond the forestrap of the frame. With the Firestar floorplate, it's flush.

I have spare Firestar floorplates for sale @ $5 ea. if anyone is interested; please send me a PM.

M
Pm

M
pm sent

·
Registered
133 Posts

M
PM sent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

M
MGMike- thanks for the tip. i was able to find 2 of the M40 plates and they work GREAT! Much appreciated

if you still have some your interestEd in parting with, I need one more. I sent you a PM also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts