Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I don't have pics to post yet but will work on it.
I see 3 different numbering stamps on my Star B I just got in.
I know its a 1960 Star B.
It looks like it was re-blued at one point cause the 3 proof and factory date stamps you see look faint.
There is a 6 digit # and a B on the bottom of the grip.
There is a 5 digit number on the right side of the Slide and a matching 5 digit number just below it on the frame.
When I remove the grip panels, there is the number 883 on the frame and the same 883 on the bottom of the slide.
My dad has a 52 I think it is Star B and his looks like the frame only has the serial number on the bottom then he has 3 digit matching serial numbers on the slide, barrel bushing and I think safety switch.

Any ideas on why different numbers exist on my Star B?
I'd chalk it up to rearsinal but there are 3 different #'s on the frame, a 3 digit 883, a 5 digit and then the 6 digit where none of the numbers match.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
The 883 is the factory assembly code number. The number on side of slide and frame is the Spanish military rack or inventory number. The number on the base of the grip is the actual serial number.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx.
This is one of the Robertson Trading post supposedly GC-> Israel Police Star B pistols. Taking it apart looking for stamps, I found this anomaly that lead me to believe it was refurbed like the Russian did it and renumbered.

It shoots really well though.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Bob is correct..also the serial number can be readily matched to Star production figures as to date of manufacture along with the Spanish proof date stamp. Also, your Dad's model B is probably a German police issue with the numbers you describe, check for LPN on the front of the grip frame. If it has a 1943 code date on the side and no LPN it is most likely from the Bulgarian contract, most of these were rebuilt by the Ruskies and were buffed, ugly blued and force matched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts