Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Folks -

Ebay pickup. Not really great condition, but my question is, do you see this as a standard Phoenix or something else? I've compared it to a crisp example and it doesn't seem to match up, even in the worn condition.

Thanks! Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys -

Believe I have the answer. Carter, in his Ersatz Bayonets has a photo of a Romanian M93 with the Phoenix on one side and Crossed Cavalry Lances on the other. Believe that is what this is. Apparently a Romanian Cavalry issued bayonet. Wonder if they had a carbine or the standard M93? Here is a link to some info on their cavalry:
http://www.worldwar2.ro/organizare/?language=en&article=35

The serial number is followed by what appears to be "J.J." Wonder if it indicates which unit?

- Best regards! Mike

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have link for pre WW2 cavalry, it was not equiped with M1893 rifles but with czechoslovak Vz.24 rifles probably.
Hi Andy -

Yes, you are correct. I posted that link as it had some information on the organization of the cavalry during the WW1 Period. I couldn't find much else on their early cavalry troops. Do you know of links?

- Best regards! Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.