Quick question here. Did German K98 manufacturers still use machined parts in 1943 or was it all stamped parts at this point in the war? Would it be common to see some machined parts on an original all matching K98? Just curious. Thanks
Stamped bands, floorplates, and triggerguards were first introduced in 1943. Some manufacturers like dou. and dot tended to use them alot that year. Other manufactuers put out rifles which were a mix of stamped and machined parts (in 1943). Mauser Oberndorf was still using quite a few machined parts in early 1944 and transitioned to increasing the amount of stamped parts used throughout 1944 (earlier byf 44's were frequently a mix of stamped/machined parts while later byf 44's tended to have all stamped components). Also, later in 1944 (and throughout 1945), it's common to find machined parts showing up on rifles made by companies that had been using pretty much all stamped parts as the manufacturers experienced shortages of stamped parts (e.g. dot/swp and dou.).
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.